Collectively as a team of 50, we walked, ran or cycled 4983 miles in September!
Almost 5000 miles – the distance between here and Syria. Next year 9 year old puppet girl ‘Little Amal’, will be walking this distance, see here for more details. We hope very much to be a part of this extraordinary and vital event.
Together we have raised…
so that we can continue to develop our open garden next year – THANK YOU!
Please find the Go Fund Me link here for any last minute donations
We’ve had some great stories over the month. Here’s just a few:
- Andrew, one of our Trustees who broke his knee bones in the Spring, has used this challenge as part of his recovery, completing a massively impressive 73 miles
- Lonk, Sian’s dog and long time walking companion, was one of the team throughout September, until the final week when very sadly, he took his final steps. What a fine and much missed lad, take a look at the photo below!
- The Carpio family clocked up 372 miles together as they walked and cycled across our valley which has recently become their home
- Gulya from Kazakhstan completed the entire Calderdale Way, clocking up 52 miles along the canals
- Mum and son duo Katy and Gabriel gave up every weekend to walk along the Calderdale Way path, with 10 year old Gabriel managing 79 miles!
- Rachel achieved a stonking 501 miles alone for us, by cycling and running through September
- Debs Harkin managed to hit 100 miles this month raising money for St Augustine’s Centre; you may also know her as Director of Public Health for Calderdale Council