Support during Covid-19
Despite being unable to open our doors, we have shifted our services so that our community can continue accessing support and help during the lockdown. Staff and volunteers have continued to provide:
- Hot take away meals 2 days a week
- A food parcel delivery service with HOTS and Himmat
- Remote welfare calls, including immigration work and casework
- Preparing and delivering activity packs (with thanks to Arts Drop for the donation of art packs), and clothes via our Clothes Hangar
- Remote English classes over Zoom and WhatsApp, as well as continuing our English for Life in the UK transcript which can be found here
- Support with internet access, putting Wi-Fi into 60 homes and donating repurposed laptops
- Arts Projects such as HERE I AM
Thank you to everyone who has supported us financially and with donations of items throughout the lockdown. Support at this time is still vital; whilst we are not asking for donations of items at this time, we are asking that those who which to help us, do so by making a financial donation atgive.net.
Listen to our English for Life in the U.K. podcast!
Please also take our English for life in the UK survey here
English for life in the U.K. is one of the ESOL classes here at the Centre, run by a team of our volunteers. There is a weekly podcast to support this class which is available here, which we hope will be of interest to anyone wanting to improve their English and learn more about life in the U.K. There are also transcripts of most of the episodes here, and there is additional material available through our twitter account here.