Coronavirus in Calderdale
Due to cases rising, from 31st July 2020, the Government have announced tighter restrictions in Calderdale.
It is important to remember to keep yourself and others safe. These restrictions are in place a minimum of 2 weeks, but are likely to be in place longer. It is also important to remember to continue looking after your wellbeing. Looking after your mental health by continuing to exercise and being in contact with people is so important. If you are struggling with loneliness or isolation please contact the Centre for support – our new support advice line is 07743045624.
We also have reusable masks available for adults and children. If you need one please tell us.
If you live in Halifax or anywhere in Calderdale, you cannot:
- Go inside other people’s houses or gardens in Halifax, Calderdale or anywhere else in the UK. People can now be fined £100 for going to someone else’s house or garden.
- Visit and travel to public spaces (like parks, streets and shops) with people other than those in your household or support bubble.
- People living outside the affected areas cannot visit you at home or in your garden.
- Visit Care homes.
- Travel to other areas to go to the shops or for a walk, but you must not go inside anyone’s home or garden.
- Meet a small number of other people who you don’t live with in public outdoor spaces like parks or the St. Augustine’s garden, but you must adhere to social distancing rules. Please note, you can only meet up to SIX people from up to six different households or you could be fined.
- Visit places of worship with your household or support bubble, as long as you keep 2 metres from people and follow guidelines.
- Go to work, but you must keep 2 metres from people and follow work guidelines.
- Attend funerals and weddings with up to 30 other people as long as you keep your distance from people you don’t live with and follow other guidelines.
- Continue to wash and sanitise your hands regularly, washing them with soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Respect social distancing rules.
- Wear a face mask in shops and on public transport. We recommend that you were a mask or face covering in any areas where there are lots of people, and will be asking those visiting St. Augustine’s Centre to wear a mask.
St. Augustine’s Centre – Current Services
Support Centre Update
We now have a cabin outside the Centre, which is our new reception and triage area. If you need help, please queue outside the cabin and wait to be seen by the duty manager, who will log your request and pass onto a caseworker. The reception will be open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10am to 3pm.
Our new advice line number is 07743045624. This line will be operational Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10am to 3pm.
We have the following hygiene requirements in place:
- Anyone who comes to the Centre must wear a mask or face covering.
- Anyone coming into the building washes their hands and uses the hand sanitiser available. Once in the building people must wash and sanitise their hands regularly. Sanitiser has also been made available where the hot take away meals are collected from.
- Social distancing rules must be respected.
Community Centre Update
Hot takeaway meals are being provided Monday and Thursday from 12:30 at the Centre. We are looking at introducing another day from the 12th August. Look out for more information on our Facebook and Twitter.
We are also currently looking at introducing a summer programme of online activities, and some face-to-face activities with small groups. Watch this space!
Nursery will be opening as normal for all children in September, we will be open 9.00 – 12.00 for morning sessions and 12.30 – 3.30 for afternoon sessions, Monday to Friday.
Please be aware that Nursery in September 2020 will look very different to how it was before lockdown due to the health and safety measures that will be in place.
We will be observing and enforcing all coronavirus Covid-19 advice and guidance in-line with the Government and Local Authority. If you would like to know more, please contact us.
If you are interested in a place we require the Child’s Name, DOB, Address, Parent’s details including Contact Number, DOB, NI Number/NASS Number, ethnicity and language spoken.